Main content | back to top
Qatarization - Introduction
Our vision is to become the employer of choice for Qatari nationals and to enable the delivery and operation of Shell’s current and future projects in Qatar. This will be demonstrated by employing and developing Qatari staff at all levels and all parts in the organization.
What is Qatarization?
Qatarization is defined as the identification and development of quality, competent Qatari males and females to assume permanent positions in our industry. Our objective is Quality Qatarization.
The preparation of quality Qataris is based on performance, and competence rather than time, and should be balanced with operational requirements to ensure a smooth operation.
Qatarization requires the support and commitment of experienced Qatari and expatriate staff, at all levels, to develop and train inexperienced Qataris and help them gain valuable on-the-job experience.
- Communicate Shell Brand value as a premium employer
- Leverage on Shell strong commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Leverage on Shell reputation in the Industry as a leader in both learning & development and in technology & technical skills
- Leverage on Pearl uniqueness
- Target early career Qataris
- Deliver on our EVP promises